Welcome to the Al-Khwarizmi International Olympiad among young mathematicians
Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi,
Famous scientific books of al-Khwarizmi
- “Al-Kitab al-mukhtasar fi hisab al-jabr wa'l-muqabala” (“The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing”);
- The book about the Indian account (Arithmetic treatise, Book on addition and subtraction);
- The book on the solar clock (Kitab ar-Ruhama);
- Kitāb ṣūrat al-arḍ (“The Image of the Earth”; translated as Geography);
- Astronomical tables ("Zidj").
The prophet (P.B.U.H.) said that acquisition of knowledge is binding on all Muslims. (both men and women without any discrimination)
This hadith is tiled on the entrance of Ulugbek madrasah in Bukhara
Ancient city Khiva (VII century B.C.) is located in Khorezm (Republic of Uzbekistan)
Egamberganov Khakimboi - First Prize - Gold Medal;
Ibragimov Shohrukh - First Prize - Gold Medal.
MathOpen Belarus 2017
Egamberganov Khakimba - Diploma of the II degree and a silver medal.
- 2006 year – Mamayusupov Khudoyor (Karshi State University) Third Prize – Bronze Medal;
- 2009 year – Turdibaev Rustam (National University of Uzbekistan) Second Prize - Silver Medal;
- 2011 year Khaydarov Farhod (National University of Uzbekistan) Third Prize - Bronze Medal;
- 2015 year – Egamberganov Khakimboi (National University of Uzbekistan) First Prize - Gold Medal;
- 2015 year – Kurbonboev Bekzod (National University of Uzbekistan) Second Prize - Silver Medal;
- 2017 year – Egamberganov Khakimboi (National University of Uzbekistan) First Prize - Gold Medal;
- 2017 year – Ibragimov Shohrukh (National University of Uzbekistan) First Prize - Gold Medal.
- Egamberganov Khakimboi - First Prize - Gold Medal;
- Ibragimov Shohrukh - First Prize - Gold Medal;
- Bazarbayev Sardor - First Prize - Gold Medal;
- Kurbonboev Bekzod - Second Prize - Silver Medal;
- Aliev Abdurahmon - Second Prize - Silver Medal;
- Mahmudov Mirmuhsin - Third Prize - Bronze Medal.
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC OLYMPIAD FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
(mathematics, chemistry and statistics)
The International Mathematics Olympiad has been held since the year 2000. In these 15 years, Iranian students and students from Afghanistan, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, China, Cyprus, Germany, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Oman, Poland, Russia (Astara Khan), Syria, Serilanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Yugoslavia have taken part in the events. The olympiad is held once every year in august. From only three countries (Iran, Russia, Ukraine), 15 students have participated in 2017.
The university students in the third or fourth year studying (Applied or Pure) Mathematics or Chemistry can take part in the event in a team comprised of five students and one team leader from each country. Every student can participate in this olympiad just twice and not more.
Olympiad tasks are compiled according to the sections of mathematics:
- analysis (real and complex);
- analytic geometry;
- probability theory and combinatorics;
- theory of numbers.
DOWNLOAD THE AKHIMO 2018 POSTER HERE